- Flower breeding using chemical manipulation
- Experimental Antiviral Plant Treatment
- Specialty: Cafe-Au-Lait Dahlias
- Falls Church, VA
If your company has breeding goals to achieve a certain hue or petal shape of flowers or berries, please contact us, we may be able to help.
The results are usually ready in one growing/blooming cycle.
Examples of Bloom Color Changes for Custom Breeding:
- Lighting or Whiting Protocol: making bloom color lighter, or "adding" white
- Redding Protocol: developing red, or making existing red more prominent
- Blacking Red Protocol: making red very dark "black" burgundy red
- Yellowing Protocol: developing yellow, or making existing yellow more prominent
- Bluing Protocol - developing blue hues
- Patterns Protocol: developing specks, lines, or color switch
- Color Split Protocol: from solid color to bi-color or tri-color blooms
- Color Blend Protocol: from multi color to solid color blooms
- "Surprise" unforeseen color changes
Examples of Petal Shape Changes in Dahlias:
- From "pompon" to "flat"
- From "flat" to “twisty”
- From "twisty" to "clawed" or "unguisculate"
- From "clawed" or "unguisculate" to "fimbriata"
- From "fimbriata" to "cactusy"
Examples of Petal Shape Changes in Echinaceas, Peonies, or Zinnias:
- Make petal shape narrower or wider
- Develop blooms with fewer petals
- Develop more or fewer rows of petals
- Change the shape of the petals from round to more "square"
- Change the layout of the petals
- Change the direction of the petals curve
Tuber Sale starts March 2022
Cut flowers of dahlias Cafe-Au-Lait will be available starting June 2022